What Do Home Buyers Say is Important to Them?
What do buyers say they want in a home? A new report by the National Association of Realtors (NAR) gives us some insight on what home buyers want and what the percentage of those who got what they wanted:
- Central Air – 82% wanted and 94% got it
- Walk-in Closet in the master bedroom – 65% wanted and 86% got it
- Tech Ready for cable/satellite TV and internet access – 63% wanted and 94% got it
- Master Bath within the bedroom – 60% wanted and 84% got it
- New Appliances – 56% wanted and 76% got it
It’s also interesting to look at some information on the profile of the average home purchased:
- Median age of home: 17 years
- Median size of home: 1,860 square feet
- Previously owned: 75%
- 2 or more bedrooms: 89%
- 3-4 bedrooms: 75%
- Garage: 78%
- Single Level: 51%
- Fireplace: 58%
In the Daytona Beach Florida market, things like central air and a single level are more important. Let’s face it, without central air, Florida living is almost impossible for most people during the hot months. A home on a single level can be critical for people buying a retirement for now or in the future. As people age stairs become more difficult to climb and present a serious danger.
I don’t think there are any surprises in the NAR report. These are the things that are on most people wish lists along with a big kitchen with nice cabinets and countertops. There are many homes and condos in the Daytona Beach area that meet all the wish list features above and fall into all the categories of homes purchased. Of course there are also luxury homes and condos and we have our share of one and two bedroom homes and condos for lower budgets.
If you want to see more of the NAR report click here.